I'd blog, but...

Months. MONTHS! Months of writing "blog" in my planner (my trusty friend who keeps close tally of all the to-do's that never quite get done). Months of counting the months since I last sat down with a cup of coffee and my irrational thoughts on motherhood. Months of responding to the husband, "I know, I know. It's been too long." Heh.

It seems simple. I think, I write. They say you'll make time for the things in life that are important to you. But look, the way things are going these days, I tend to settle for glazing over with my pal, Netflix, and a $4 bottle of Aldi wine. Blogging has taken a back seat, thanks to a life filled with this...

  • Refereeing a fight in the car over Mommy being pretty...or not. "Mommy IS pretty!"..."Mommy NOT pretty." "Mommy IS PRETTY!!" "Mommy NOT pretty!" "Mommy IS pretty and don't say anything else!" "......Mommy not pretty." (Enter tears.)
  • Convincing a child to go to the dentist.
  • Convincing a child to go back to the dentist for a filling.
  • Buying said child and his sibling ice cream for bravery during each trip to the dentist. (Thus continuing the need for fillings.)
  • Pretending not to notice sibling pitching a wall-eyed fit on restaurant floor because she realized that the blue ice cream she picked did not match her brother's green ice cream.
  • Rage-eating blue ice cream.
  • Refereeing a fight in the car over the correct way to pray. "Thank you, Gog, for dis beautiful day. And cheese. And cheese. And cheese." "You can't say cheese three times." "And cheeeeese!" "YOU. CAN'T. SAY. CHEEEEESE!" "And CHEEEEEESE!" (Enter tears.) 
  •  Waiting for child to chew one piece of chicken at dinner.
  • Convincing said child he will remain at dining room table for the rest of his life if he doesn't swallow the chicken. 
  • SWALLOW THE CHICKEN! FOR THE LOVE! SWALLOW THE CHICKEN!
  • Reminding child that while it is healthy to wash our produce, the toilet may not be the best choice in cleaning a kiwi.
  • Finding new places to hide the Frozen toy that plays "Let It Go" on loop.
  • Refereeing a fight in the car over who actually owns the red ball versus who is playing with the red ball. (Exit red ball...through driver's-side window.)
One day I will have all the time in the world to sit and pen more eloquent musings. But at the end of this day and many that have come before it, I beg God to let me live in this state of madness a little while longer.

Comments

Popular Posts